Monday, October 7, 2013

So. Many. Thoughts.

Wow. 

Just wow.

There are so many things going on in my head right now.  I am so blessed that I can't even wrap my brain around it.  My kids are amazing.  All six of them.  I don't know how I could possibly love them as much as I do already, but I do. 

Poor little John.  He is missing his mamí.  They called her their "substitute mother."  I can't imagine.  He's been with her since he was 40 days old.  She, also, must be hurting terribly right now.  If you don't mind adding her to our list of prayer needs, I would really appreciate it.  I've been praying for their foster family all along, even before I knew who my kids were.  But today it hit just how much she has given, and how much she has given up.

Connor, Rylan, & Cody were fabulous.  They were amazing.  I am so proud of them.  They are really, really doing all they can to wrap these precious new children into our family. 

Ken was amazing, too.  I know sometimes the nurturing doesn't come as easily to men as it does to women.  But he was fantastic.  Yuli asked for Papí as we were leaving the building and he took her from my arms.  As we were trying to get the kids all settled to sleep (was that ever difficult), I found Ken in a very dark room, leaning over John's bed just patiently waiting for him to fall asleep.  I have myself a good man there.

Anyway, there's so much more I want to say but so much that I have to process.  My kids are awesome.  Let's just leave it at that.  Meanwhile, I can't really show you their faces since the adoption isn't finalized yet, but here are some pictures of our encuentro this evening.


Right before the kids came in.


Love at first sight.


I don't have any pictures of John that don't include his face, so y'all are just going to have to wait on that.



I think Yuli might just end up being a Daddy's girl.  And I have a lot to try and live up to when it comes to getting their hair done.  The social worker told me that they both love having their hair done and having it look beautiful.  No pressure.

I wish I had taken some pictures of the kids playing with the balloons together when we got back to the hotel but I was so wrapped up in just being with them that it didn't even occur to me.

1 comment:

  1. AAAAAAWESOME! I was thinking about all of you today. So glad I saw your update on Facebook! :) As ever, you are in my thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete