Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Lots of Rain, Three Doctors, & Three Milks and Chocolate

So it rained all night last night... and all day today.  It stopped briefly several times.  The sun peeked out each time.  We said, "Grab your shoes, let's go the park!"  Before we could get shoes on and get out the door it would start again.

Diana has had some kind of skin condition and we were trying to wait it out and see if it might be sensitivity to new clothes, new detergent, or new food.  Unfortunately, it wouldn't go away and she was just getting more spots.  We decided to take her to the doctor today.  Patrice got us an appointment at 3:30.  When it was time for us to go, Patrice wasn't here.  After we waited for a few minutes, he called.  He said that there was a car accident and traffic was a mess.  Luckily, the pediatrician was less than a block away.  So one of the staff members walked the girls and I down there while Ken hung out with the boys at the hotel.  I was trying to figure out how I was going to understand the doctor. (I felt like I could convey what I needed to in Spanish but I wasn't sure that I would be able to keep up with the diagnosis.)  Anyway, my worrying was in vain as Patrice showed up 5 minutes after we got there.  The office was clean and neat and professional.  They even had a tiny indoor playground.  We had to wait a little while but when we went upstairs, it turned out that the doctor had two med students watching.  Poor Diana, she was very embarrassed about the whole thing.  The doctor diagnosed her with impetigo costroso.  As it turns out, it's contagious.  It's been two weeks and so far no one has gotten it from her.  I am very thankful for our DoTerra vitamins... that's the only thing I can think of that is keeping us all healthy.

Anyway, I've had a really bad headache all day so keeping six kids entertained in two hotel rooms is very difficult.  We made it though.  We were rewarded with Three Milks and Chocolate after dinner.  It's a dessert that they made for us our first week and the kids all liked it so much that they asked to have it again.  Patrice is a man of his word.  I'm sad that Yuli didn't get to eat it but that's a story for another day... when will these girls learn that when I say something, I mean it?

No comments:

Post a Comment