Friday, November 15, 2013

We're Down To Hours

All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go...

We were successful today in all our adventures.  We are leaving tomorrow to go home.  As such, the kids (the new ones) are subconsciously reacting to the impending transition.  Diana is so very excited to be going to the US but I think deep down she is very stressed.  Her behavior today was so much like that first week.  Yuli has finally agreed to get on the plane but she still doesn't want to go to the US or to her new house.  She as well had a difficult time making good choices today.  I think Helena (our interpreter here in Bogotá) was quite astonished by her behavior today.  Me, not so much.  She's having a difficult time.  Helena asked me if she was going to need counseling.  I said that I didn't know but that I wanted to give her time to adjust at home before we make that decision.  I think she'll be ok but we'll do whatever is necessary to help her cope with what she's been through.  John is so comfortable with us now, he'll be fine.

As for Connor, Rylan, and Cody... they are so very happy to be going home.  I think that bringing them here was hands down the absolute right choice.  They have handled all the ups and downs like champions.  I am so very proud of them.  I was tickled to see Connor grinning from ear to ear tonight nonstop.  He's ready.  So am I.  Papa John's for dinner... I can't wait for some real pizza!

No comments:

Post a Comment