Thursday, November 14, 2013

One More Dawn, One More Day

One Day More!!!!!

Are you singing in your head?  I'm sorry, I couldn't resist.

We have three things that need to happen tomorrow.  We need to get the paperwork from the Doctor's office saying that everything is ok and has been taken care of.  All three passed the TB test with flying colors.  It just about killed me to have to give them the chicken pox vaccine.  I didn't want any of my kids to have that one but I didn't really have a choice.  I'd like to come back to the US.  Yuli also needed a second vaccine.  That did not go well.  It took me and two nurses to hold her still while she got them.  It really kind of stinks.  She thinks I've betrayed her.

After we get the report from the doctor, we need to get the conformity paper from ICBF.  I'm not sure what that is but I know we need it.  We have to be at the US Consulate at 1:30 to attempt to get the visas.  From the sounds of it, the Consulate works very hard to get them done very quickly but sometimes the computer network (Colombian) that they have to be on to get it done doesn't work.  So, there it is.  It all comes down to whether or not the network is up and running tomorrow afternoon.  If it is, we come home Saturday.  If not, we have to wait till Monday to get the visas and fly home on Tuesday. 

However, we ventured out to MultiParque today.  Now the kids are hollering to wait until next week to go home because they want to go back it was so awesome.  It's kind of like a citified version of Cox farms.  They have some really awesome stuff there.  The park section has all this equipment that you work yourself, none of it goes on electricity.  It was a whole lot of fun even though we didn't have much time there.  They also have bumper boats and three different go kart courses, paintball, trampolines, mini-golf, and some amusement park rides.  I highly recommend it if you find yourself in Bogotá and need something to do with the kids.  The park is the only part that's open during the week (and the lunch counter) but the rest is open on the weekends. 

Anyway, tomorrow we'll discover what our God in Heaven has in store! One more dawn, one more day, one day more!  I'm really sorry... it's stuck in my head.  Now it's stuck in yours.  Whilst you sing, enjoy some pictures.  Many thanks to my fabulous husband who took the camera for the day so I could play and actually be in some of the pictures.

This is a zip line kind of equipment.  All the kids loved it!





Digging in the sand.

 
This rocket ship spins like a merry-go-round.



 
Isn't he cute?

 
They had these swings with really long ropes.  Some were seats that you buckled into and some had cages like this one.  They were really fun.  The frame that held them was taller than most of the trees.

 
And slides, you just can't go wrong with slides.  And, by the way, John has decided that he likes me better now.







No comments:

Post a Comment