Monday, June 14, 2010

Ups and Downs

I went to the Homeschooling Conference this weekend. It was FABULOUS! I love it there. To be surrounded by so many other like minded people is just so refreshing. That's hard to come by, these days. I know my friends love me but I think most of them think we're just crazy... crazy for homeschooling, crazy for milling wheat and making our own bread, crazy for making our own laundry detergent, crazy for co-sleeping, baby-wearing, extended nursing. They love me, but I'm not sure they get me. Sometimes it's nice to be around people that not only get it, but they agree. Anyway, some of the workshops were amazing. I went to this one about dealing with your strong-willed child. Well, the first thing she starts in with is a 12 question test to determine if you (not your child) are stong-willed. Now, I know that this may come as a shock to you but it turns out that... well... I'm strong-willed. Go figure. So anyway, it explains a lot about why DS3 and I have been going to the trenches so much lately. Will work on that.

Anyway, the conference was wonderful. I'm so happy I went. The only downside was the reminder that it was supposed to be DH and I's first overnighter without kids... ever. Yep, that's right. In 8 1/2 years, we have never both been away from the kids overnight. Well it happened this weekend. The only bummer was that we didn't go away together. Big bummer. There were so many times that I thought, "Man, I wish he was here to hear that." I miss him. He's my bestest friend.

I also found out today, and I thought I'd let you all know. Those girls that I had been praying for were matched with a family. It's a little bittersweet. I thought they were meant for us. I'm so very happy that they are going home. I'm so very happy that they don't have to wait any longer. All in God's timing. He knows which children are ours and He will see to it that we get them. It's all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment